Counselor Registration & Licensing

The Washington State Department of Health requires that all individuals in positions providing direct services to clients must have a Washington State license, certification or counselor registration. Confirmation of a current applicable license, certification or registration will be required for employment with Community Psychiatric Clinic. If you are not currently licensed, certified or registered in the State of Washington, you must, at minimum, become registered as an Agency Affiliated Counselor in order to work in the mental health field.  Community Psychiatric Clinic meets these requirements and can complete the necessary Employment Verification document on your behalf.

The application process for a new counselor registration can take several weeks. In accordance with WAC 246-12-260, you must demonstrate completion of four hours of AIDS education prior to applying for a health care credential, thus we encourage you to begin this process as soon as possible if you are interested in working in the field of mental health.  A list of resources through which AIDS training may be obtained is available by clicking here.

For more information, click here open the Washington State Department of Health web site in a new window for more information about the all professional licensure, and Agency Affiliated Counselor Registration requirements, as well as the necessary application forms available for download. NOTE: *As of April 2, 2013, the DOH has an online application available!

The application for AACR must be submitted within 7 days of the start of employment. CPC will complete the Employment Verification form to be submitted as part of your application.

If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Health by email at or by phone at 360-236-4700.



Copyright © 2011 Community Psychiatric Clinic. All Rights Reserved.